Addy's Sucky Life

Leaving this place that I had called home for the past 4 years.. Take care my frens and buddies in NIE/NTU. Remember me always. Remember you have a fren simply called Addy.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The dilemma of life

Currently I am having my last attachment before I graduate this semester... It was wonderful meeting up with colleagues and of course my old pupils whom I taught them last year... They still remember and clamoured around you seeking for attention.. Seeing them appreciate you as a teacher just make me have this glimpse of hope that being a teacher in S'pore is after all worthwhile...

Right now, I am responsible to teach 2 classes. One of them is the best class in P4 which is a daunting task but one that I am looking forward to. So far everything is going on fine and the kids in my P4 are just adorable.. Talkative bunch of kids who are interested in knowing anything and everything under the sun.. Hahaha
So far I am quite blessed with teaching. Hope it stays that way...
Some of you might have heard, yes so far tis week I have not done any lesson plans cause my CTs doesnt need it just briefly infd them what I am going to teach the class. They only need it when I am being observed by them which means less paper work but that doesnt mean my quality of teaching is affected in any way. So far my CTs like the way I am teaching which is a good sign. The kids are responsive to me..

Like what I told some of my frens, I don't really care for the awards.. the distinction grades or the first class honour.. That doesnt mean anything.. What matters is that you touch their life, you did something to change their life.. But here comes the dilemma..
No matter how you go about it, there is still a handful that you will tend to ignore not because you don't care but because your hands are tied-up... Some of the senior teachers have told me, as long as you can save 50-80% of your pupils, it is alreadi quite an achivement..
So how about the remaining population? Sighhh...
It's quite sad isn't it...

Why I am pondering this issue is because I have one pupil whom i tot the last time round and he failed all his papers and went to the tail end class... He can study but needs very close attention and that is something that we teachers cant afford to. He is quite a handful in class jumping around and not doing his work.. in short hyper-active...
But last week, while I was in the school computer lab, he came up to me wanting to play some game.. I told him that he have to complete his work first before I allowed him to.. He did as I told him and allowed him to play game on the computer... He told me: Mr Addy, every week you teach me after school can? Then you let me play game.. I promise you I do my homework.... The other teachers don't let me play and I dont have a computer at home...
Sighhh....

Who says being a teacher is easy!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sigh. That's the reality of teaching! Please post more inspiring stories in teaching in order to ignite the passion and save us from disillusion.

We seriously need more passionate teachers to battle with the system. =(

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... naturist peeing Pantie pissing women Mattresses in az list of peeing videos Ho to win at craps Classic toyota bedford ohio One nation under surveillance bizarre pee gallery Shemale fuckers Nude free live sex cams found peeing Universal sewing machine model ktbr car insurance Pee pants video

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


ABOUT ME




Name: Addy
Location: Singapore
Status: Forever Single
Email: addy78@gmail.com
MSN: t01480@hotmail.com




RECENT POSTINGS

Sunday Sunday.. No time to rest!!
IMPRESSED-ario?
Back to the Past?
Dinner @ Bacarrat
Fiesta Dinner
Reader's Theatre
TOFU Boys in Action...
Long lost frens Contacted....
Wat a life!!!!
PF05 Lives on..... and Blading...




ARCHIVES

October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 November 2006 December 2006




LINKS

Hall 15
Liverpool FC




Links

Irene's Chilling Zone

Stephy

Colin and Jo

Xiaojing

Yvonne

Huiying

Jieying

Rock Son

KungFu Baby

Steven Goh

Grace

Pauline

Huimin

Alex











TO DO LIST (IN ORDER OF MERIT)


Reunion with Bendemeer Friends
Catch up with Friends
Go on a long long Holiday
Buy a car
Rent a room
Draw out a will
Die



Links

Irene's Chilling Zone

Stephy

Colin and Jo

Xiaojing

Yvonne

Huiying

Jieying

Rock Son

KungFu Baby

Steven Goh

Grace

Pauline

Huimin

Alex